Welcome to Resting Paws Cemetery & Crematorium Inc. Ottawa’s first full-service facility aimed at taking care of your faithful companions’ final needs in a respectful and dignified manner. Whether your companion passes away at home, your own Veterinary Clinic, Emergency Veterinary Clinic or you use a Mobile Veterinary Service, we are here to help you with local aftercare options. We are bilingual and offer transportation*, cremation & burial services.
- Cremation (Details Click here)
- Burial (Details Click Here)
- *Transportation services for– private, semi private cremations and burials- At your home or veterinary clinics in Ottawa area: free within 30 km from our main office.
- Transportation services for communal cremations– Free to veterinary clinics using the services of Resting Paws. For all others pick up fee applies.
- Drop off services– You may drop off your companion personally at our main office at 228 Allison Ave. for overnight holding or at the crematory by appointment.
- Temporary storage of remains– If a family member is absent and you prefer to wait until they return we will gladly make arrangements to keep your companion in our cold storage for a reasonable amount of time.
- After hour services– Up to 10 pm. Conditions apply.
- Exhumation and relocation– If you are moving and wish to relocate a family companion(s) buried on your property to our cemetery, we will carefully remove the remains and relocate them to our cemetery. Other relocation options are available if you are moving out of town contact us for details.
Did you know that currently almost all companions left at veterinary clinics leave Ottawa to be cremated? Choosing an aftercare service that is right for you – Should it not be your decision? We believe that your companion is entitled to a dignified aftercare service of your choice and you should be capable of personally speaking to the provider to ensure your wishes are properly carried out.
We are proud to be the first pet aftercare provider in Ontario with a crematory and full service cemetery co-located. This ensures that all companions brought to us remain in Ottawa regardless if they are buried, privately, semi-privately, communally cremated or scattered. Our centre is located on a tranquil country lot not in a busy industrial complex. Our personal service and attention to your needs is unparalleled. If you wish to witness the cremation you are welcome to participate in as little or as much as you are comfortable with. You then leave with the peace of mind knowing that your decision was the right one.
- You will personally speak to one of the owners in a timely fashion.
- We will ask a series of questions with regards to your wishes for your companion.
- You and your companion will be treated with respect.
- We will explain in detail our services and procedures we adhere to.
- You will be notified when your companion is in our care if we pick up at a veterinary clinic.
- We will never rush or pressure you.
- You can revise your decision until the day the service is provided.
- We will work together to get it right for you, your family and companion.
People often ask us, how can we be sure that only my pet is cremated alone in a Private Cremation?
- You will always be offered to personally witness a Private or Semi-Private cremation.
Resting Paws Cemetery & Crematorium Inc. was established in 2011 by myself, Patrick Couture. I am a 28 year Military Veteran who understands the value of closure and dignity when tragedy strikes. I am supported by my wife and partner Sabine who worked in the health care field for 30 years including palliative care and care for seniors.
Together we conducted extensive visits to other pet cemeteries and cremation centres in Canada and the US. These visits led to the conclusion that it was important to offer both full burial and cremation services at the same location. It was also concluded that these services should not be offered in an industrial or commercial complex, but rather in a peaceful location. It is for these reasons that we purchased a 15 acre country lot and transformed it into a full service pet cemetery with a crematory building onsite.
Although these extra steps made the process more difficult, we both knew that these efforts would benefit our future clients and would set us apart from all other providers. It took over two years to perform all the necessary studies and obtain our permits from the City of Ottawa and the Province of Ontario. Our vision is to become a highly respected and recognised landmark in Ottawa.
2. Have a look at our one of a kind Jewelry produced by a local artist JJ’s Classy Glass.
3. We can provide contact information for Veterinarians who perform home-euthanasia.
4. We are offering our clients the possibility to pre-arrange the aftercare service of their choice. Please contact us for more information
Click on this link to open a Map to Resting Paws Cemetery & Crematorium location.
Video of Resting Paws activities:
This post is also available in: French