We are very sorry for your loss.
Your Pet Passed Away At The Veterinary Clinic
Call us at 613-656-0806 to make arrangements for pick up or we can arrange a convenient time for you to bring your pet to us. Remember, you have the right to change your mind even if you made arrangements for aftercare at the clinic. The service providers have specific pick-up days and most times the pet is still at the clinic by the time we are called. As long as the service has not been completed we can help.
Your Pet Passed Away At Home
During the day:
Give us a call (between 7 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.) and we will make arrangements for pick up or we can arrange a convenient time for you to bring your pet to us.
During the night:
- Place your pet on a blanket with something that can soak up any bodily fluids under the back half of your pet and tuck in the legs as much as possible.
- Slightly elevate the head.
- Wrap the blanket around your pet tightly. (This will make it easier to place bigger pets on the stretcher and smaller pets in our basket).
- Move your pet to a cool place (basement/garage floor) and in summer time place bags of ice around the pet.
- If you have a small pet and you are comfortable doing so, place your pet in the freezer or follow the same steps as above.
- Call us in the morning and we will make arrangements for pick up or we can arrange a convenient time for you to bring your pet to us.
You live far away from a service provider:
- Follow the night procedure then give us a call.
- If your pet passed away at the veterinary clinic ask them to hold it.
- We can organise the cremation or burial of your pet to take place at a predetermined time. This saves you from traveling twice to drop off the body then pick up the ashes.
- Please call us and we can discuss all the options.